Thursday, March 23, 2006

Human Interest

I received an email about this web site from a coworker so I checked it out. The address is https://www.bestfriends.org. It is the web site for an animal rescue facility in Kanab, UT. They take in animals from all around the country - some of which are adopted but most live out their lives there. They have all sorts of animals from dogs and cats to sheep and horses. There is a great little story about each animal and about the special projects they do. There are a lot of articles about animals rescued from hurricane Katrina and the efforts they're making to reunite them with their owners. They're so sweet! There's one story about how they found 1,000 bunnies in someone's back yard in Nevada and now they're trying to care for them all. Great stuff! If any of you are looking to adopt a pet, you should check this place out.

1 comment:

  1. I know I should just look at the blog - but where'd the 1000 bunnies come from? I mean I know they multiply and all.... But that's a lotta bunnies!

    ReplyDelete