Wednesday, April 26, 2006

False Advertisment?

My cell phone broke and I had to get a new one. I got this Motorola ROKR which is a phone that has a special feature of being able to download iTunes. The way it was explained to me is that it's like having an iPod and phone in one. I got a really good deal on it but it still wasn't cheap. I got it yesterday and spent a fair amount of time getting it all set up with my preferences. Then I started to download songs. Turns out I got a total of 17 on there before my computer let me know the memory is full. That's less than 2 hours worth of music. Even the smallest iPod holds at least 1000 songs. I was really surprised and I feel a little ripped off. You expect to get cheated on a phone you bought from a guy in Tijuana but not from a trusted brand like Motorola. What is the world coming to? I think I'm just complaining too much lately. I promise my next entry will be about something interesting or positive.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. We bought what we thought was a "Top of the Line" phone and the thing was a piece of junk for over a year, when it finally died we bought the Cheapo $50 phone and have had no problems with it. Thanks for warning about Motorola, I will steer clear of them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - now you've stumbled across the perimeter of Motorola's wisdom. Give 'em something they think is cool - then make 'em buy something you want to make money off of, ie, a bigger memory chip or battery with more juice... or Bluetooth, or coffeemaker... she-it, I hate them all.

    ReplyDelete