Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Last Man on Earth


I saw this picutre on MSn "Animal Tracks." I feel so bad for this poor turtle. Here he is, a million years old and all alone. I just want to bring him home and let him watch Animal Planet all day or whatever it is that a turtle would like to do. It's these kinds of stories that make me enough of an environmentalist for my staunch Republican family to refer to me as the "bleeding heart liberal." Here's the story:

So lonely... : "Solitario George" (Lonely George), the last known alive giant tortoise of this species, native from the Pinta Island, is seen at the Galapagos National Park on Santa Cruz Island. For 40 years, the authorities of the park have been offering 10,000 US dollars to whomever finds a female for "Solitario George." (AFP/Rodrigo Buendia)

No comments:

Post a Comment