Thursday, July 13, 2006

24Tease


I'm not sure if I'm just being prudish or if this is really an offensive concept. Strip tease aerobics... This first came out that I heard of a couple of years ago when Carmen Electra did these DVDs for MTV where she does a strip tease aerobic work out. I've never watched it but I know some girls who have tried it and they said it was really fun. I didn't think it was a good work out for me but if my friends wanted to try it out from the privacy of their own homes, more power to them. I recently joined a local gym and they are offering an aerobics class called 24Tease. This is the description they gave of it, "Jeff Costa, creator of Cardio Striptease introduces 24Tease, an electrifying 30-minute striptease aerobics workout exclusively at 24 Hour Fitness! 24Tease provides a safe environment for members to get in touch with their inner stripper, while taking off pounds, extra clothing and even some inhibitions to reveal a healthier body and stronger self-esteem. 24Tease is low-impact contemporary movement that makes you sweat and feel good." Take off pounds and EXTRA CLOTHING AND INHABITIONS?! I don't know about you guys but I don't really have any extra clothing on when I go to the gym. I thought that losing your inhabition is something you do at the bar, not at the gym. I get this mental picture of a dozen or so women bounding around in their underwear and my heart sinks. What is the world coming to where stripping is a glorified and emulated occupation? It just blows my mind. Maybe I'm no fun but I think sex should be a private affair and has no place at the gym. I know a lot of people are there to attract romantic prospects but it just seems wrong to me to be actually stripping in front of these people. Needless to say I will not be attending the class. I'm not sure if I have strong moral fiber or if I'm just being close minded and self-righteous but I can't bring myself to strip with a bunch of strangers.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I want to find my "inner stripper" ....you know I was once "booty rock the stripper coach" and I you know I gots da skillz. HAHA! I seriously laughed out loud while I was reading this post. I can't imagine doing a strip class with a bunch of people. i would feel like my gym turned into the local strip joint. I would, however, try this in the comfort of my own home. haha...funny A ISH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal "inner stripper," if such a woman exists, is burried deeeeeeeeeep beneath my "inner bankrobber," my "inner housekeeper" and my "inner Olympic Figure Skater."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know where this place is. I shall fly there, change into my smallest Speedo, grease myself up with Vegatable oil, then do a building shaking striptease to the tune of "Macho Man" that will have people screaming from the building in terror, forcing them to forever abandon this striptease workout concept. It will work. I have done it before. You cannot do any type of legalized strip aerobics in Omaha or Duluth.....thanks to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was enlisting for a PE class in our school and i saw this "striptease aerobics". It was a new PE so i searched it out and came into this blog. That's weird.. If it is illegal then why is it offered as PE classes in schools. I wonder if I should try enlisting into this PE subject.

    ReplyDelete