Thursday, August 17, 2006

One Millionaire


Being a resident of the US of A I am acutely aware that there are so many gajillionaires that live here. It is baffling to me how these people managed to accrue so much money. How did they do it? You read there personal histories and it always starts with them getting lucky. Warren Buffet took his $24,000 inheritance and sunk it into one stock that took off and made him wealthy. I should be so lucky. That kind of thing would never happen to me. Even $1 million is such and abstract number to me I can't even fathom what I would do with that kind of money. $1 million is like chump change tho these big business tycoons. The wouldn't even notice if they spent that much money. Which brings me to the point of this blog. I don't think it's too much to ask for just one American gajillionaire to give me $1 million measely dollars. Here's a little shout out to Oprah, Donald Trump, Martha Stewart, Bill Gates, etc. Just one million guys, come on. If you split it between you it's like a trip to the grocery store for you. I promise I won't squander the money, I'll use it to buy a house and food and stuff.


There's only one small problem with this scheme: No one reads my blog. Certainly not the countries top gajillioaires. A lot of people read Mark's blog and I honestly have no idea how all of his readers found out about him. Mark, I would like you to use you obviously adequate netwroking skills to attract the countries gajillionaires to my blog. Thank you in advance and please, no foreign gajillionaires. I don't want to go through the hassle of overseas banking.

4 comments:

  1. I read your blog - and If I was a gagillionaire, I'd spread the wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiecen, I really don't have as many readers as you might think. I just have a core of a dozen or so people that read regularly. Your blog is great! I can give you one secret on how to get more random people to read it if you really want to know. You know how on the blogger start page you see a list of the "recently updated" blogs? Out of all the hundreds of thousands of blogs, these are the ones that are now moved up to the top of the "next blog" Que because they were just updated. Right when you post your story is when u have the best shot at a random person clicking on to your blog. So....what you need to do...is update your blog....alot. This does not mean you have to post new stuff all the time, you just have to either republish your existing blog, or open one of your old posts like you were going to edit it, then just republish it again. The more times your blog republishes, the more times it works it's way up the que of blogs to be read by people surfing through the "random blogs" feature. I found this out by accident and have never read about it anywhere. One day I was going back through old posts and was adding dates to them when I noticed on my site meter that I had about 100 visits that day from all over the world, and the visits were all during the times when I was republishing all my old posts. I think some of my regular readers kind of stumbled upon me this way. Give it a try. Just sit and hit the republish button about 20 times over a 10 minute period and see if anything happens. Knowing my luck, nothing will happen and you will think I am a nutjob. Let me know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tie, I would have never of guessed how much seeing gajillionaire actually written out would make me think you were talking about a homosexual rich guy. The word tricked me a couple of times while reading this blog. I think it's that sneaky little "j" that creates an optical illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that, just to post a comment!

    ReplyDelete