Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sorry Mark!

Mark brought to my attention that I haven't posted anything in a while. I'm sorry but sometimes my life feels so uninteresting. So, what's new with me? Me and Gabe went out of town for the weekend. It was really nice. We went up to Southern Utah and visited some friends and then spent Sunday in Vegas. We just visited all the hotels and hit the tourist spots. A lot of people say, "I don't like Vegas because I'm not much of a gambler." To them I say, then you haven't tried Vegas. It's so fun there. We went to the Ferrarri museum in the Wynn, the the mall with the ceiling that looks like the sky outside at the Venetian, we watched the volcano blow up at the Mirage, I bought a cow gril hat with shells on it and Gabe bought a sweatshirt that said: CSI Las Vegas. It was way fun and a much needed break. My best friend, Jen came down and met us for dinner and we had an awesome buffet. They had great crab legs there.


I love food which brings us to an interesting point. I'm an average sized girl. I'm not very fat but I'm not very skinny either. I have noticed lately that people keep commenting on my eating habits. A vendor brought us lunch at our office last week. She brought pasta, bread sticks, salad, pizza and chicken. It was a lot of food so I just took some pasta and bread and started eating. She kept insisting that I eat some salad or chicken and I kept politely declining. She got kind of mad and gave me this dirty look while saying, "You don't need all those carbohydrates. You need to eat some protein." What the freak??? Then, a few days later, I was talking to my boss and I mentioned that I'm a picky eater and he said, "You're not picky. You're always shoving something in your face!" What the freak??? I eat twice a day at the office. Almost always yogurt for breakfast and soup for lunch. I showed one of my coworkers a picture of me as a baby. I was FAT and my legs had creases in them like sausage links. She said, "Oh, you were so cute. Your legs look just the same now." She wasn't kidding or if she was it really didn't seem like it. What the freak??? My legs aren't shapely but there are no creases in them. These aren't the only comments I've gotten. I don't get it. It seems so rude to me that other people who aren't my spouse or my mom would comment on my eating habits or weight. Am I just being sensitive or does this seem way off base? Here is a current picture of me so you can make a fair assesment. Pretty average right? I don't think I'm one of those really fat people that shoves buckets of food into their mouths at restaurants and grosses everyone out. So, what's with all the comments? I think this is sort of like Kell's problem where people keep asking her and her friends why they're still single. Kell, me and you need to practice saying with force, "None of your business!"



Never mind about the pictures. This stupid thing won't let me download pictures today. If you forgot what I look like, refer back to "Lost in AZ." There's a picture there.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - That's an interesting set of comments. Once I ordered a sundae with strawberry ice cream and hot fudge. The waitress asked if I was pregnant... How horrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me just say this...People are stupid. Next time say, "why dont you worry about yourself.." I have even gotten comments on how I eat. Re-Damn-diculous. Well if I was there I would have been mean back to them for you cause I know you are too nice to say something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:02 PM

    Thanks...once again I am now starving! Vegas huh? I guess we can let you get by this time. I love Vegas! I could live there....we are small time gamblers, just do slots...but love all the other stuff to do and see. You sure can't get bored there! Thanks for posting! Don't make me yell at you again! Or else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:22 PM

    You really have been falling down on your blogging obligations! I am reporting you to your ward elders! Time for some ritual flogging or something to get you back on track... Now, get off the beach and get back on your PC! Or else!

    ReplyDelete