Monday, December 18, 2006

Break Time


I just finished my finals last Thursday and I meant to update my blog over the weekend but, naturally, I got really sick as soon as finals were done. I spent most of the weekend in bed with bronchitis and the rest of it Christmas shopping. I'm done with school until the end of January and I'm so glad to have a break. I really have to try to maximize my time during this break because next semester I will be taking 15 credits, working full time and getting married. It's pretty much suicide for my social life.
Speaking of wedding, I'm so excited. We set the date for March 3rd and we're doing it here in San Diego. I just booked the caterer like 5 minutes ago and they gave me a really good deal. It's a little Hawaiian BBQ restaraunt in my neightborhood and they're doing 100 guests for less than $700. The next thing I need to get is a photographer but it's so expensive. I want someone who can do pictures and a wedding DVD. Kell, I think you should come all the way to San Diego, pay for your own hotel room and food, follow me around for the entire weekend and take all the pictures and do a DVD for me for free. Come on, it will be fun. I'm just kidding of course. I will pay you $30.00 and you can sleep on my couch with my dog.
Winter in my neighborhood is so different. There's not a lot of people around and it's cloudy a lot of the time. I actually miss the tourists. It has been nice too, though because without all the extra people, I'm starting to get to know my neighbors better. I see all the same people in the morning when I'm out for my run and they all recognize me and say hello. It's a nice homey feeling. I wish my apartment wasn't so small so I could live there forever. As it is, I'll have to be moving right around March 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment