Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy Holidays!!


Merry Christmas everyone! I love the Holidays. I hate the cold though so San Diego suits me well. It's been cold here at night, in the 40s and I don't have a heater in my house. In the mornings it's so hard to get out of bed and put my feet on the cold floor. The picture above is Lexi staying in bed while I get ready in the morning. I covered her up with a Snow Man blanket because she was shivering. I need to buy a space heater.

So, what's new with me? I went to my sister's for Thanksgiving and it was way fun.

Gabe and I bought the my nephew one of thos big green ballons that you tie the rubber band to the end and then you can punch it and it comes back to you. It turned out to be the best time I've ever had for $0.98. He was hitting all of us with it and chasing everyone around.

I've been expecting a proposal from Gabe since he bought the ring a couple months ago but I haven't gotten one yet. I don't know what's taking him so long. He's had lots of opportunites and I thought Thanksgiving weekend would be perfect because my family was all together and it was my birthday. I even encouraged him to hold my sister's baby because she's so cute and me and Gabe both want kids but still...nothin'. Maybe he's changed his mind and he doesn't want to get married after all. We'll see how this weekend goes. Do you ever wish you could read people's minds? I'm usually glad I can't but once in a while it would be nice.

Overall I had a great holiday and it was nice for the kids to be able to see their grandpa who they love.

Kell, your story of your dad totally reminded me of my dad. He's up for anything. He sings sometimes with a classic rock band here in San Diego and he's awesome. He even won 2nd place in a big Karaoke contest down here that the local clubs do for charity. He sang Marshall Tucker's "Can't You See" and he did so good. I wish some of that had rubbed off on me. I've been playing the guitar for over 10 years but I get so nervous when people watch me that I feel like I have all thumbs. I can really only play well when I'm alone so as far as the public is concerned I can barely play at all. I'm a great public speaker but for some reason music stuff makes me really nervous. I can only sing in the shower. I really admire people that can get over their stage fright and rock the house.

I'll post again next week, when finals are over. Wish me luck and Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Sorry about taking a month off....The Penal Institution I am in only allows internet access 1 day a week and only for 10 minutes per day. I hope to be paroled again by Jan 1st and should return to blogging once I leave Guantanamo and get home. As for the delayed proposal......hmmmmm.....maybe it's because he found out you don't make your bed....ha ha Just kidding.....and NO I am NOT in prison....just chillin out for awhile to recharge the idiot battery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. got your text!! tell me everything!! and i would love to hear your dad sing at a gig! I used to love to hear him sing journey in the car :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding the proposal - Isn't the ring purchase almost like a proposal? Does Gabe read this blog?

    I have a co-worker who waited forever for a proposal - when she got it, the ring became a badge. It was pretty wild

    ReplyDelete