Monday, December 04, 2006

It's About Time!!!!

Maybe I spoke too soon. I got proposed to on Friday night! It was so fun! We had a big bonfire at the beach with some of our friends. We do it all the time so I wasn't expecting a proposal at all. The sky was very clear and the water was very calm so the lights from the city were reflecting on the water. it was a really pretty night. It was about 10:00 pm and the fire was starting to die down a little. I said, "I'm cold."

Gabe: "Do you need some mittens?"

Me: "No. I'm okay."

Gabe: "Well, How about a ring?" Then he kneeled down in front of me.

Me: "Right now!?"

Gabe: "Yeah."

Our Friend Meg: "Right now!?"

Gabe (exasperated): "YES! Please say you'll be my wife."

Me: "Yes, of course I will."


We had just a minute to hug and kiss before the other girls came over with a flashlight to inspect the ring. It was very romantic and very sweet. My boyfirend's so cute! Excuse me, my FIANCE!!!

3 comments:

  1. FINALLY!! I just wish that I could have been there :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:57 PM

    Congratulations! My Sincere best wishes for both of you! Now celebrate and go make your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That's so cool! Was the ring in the mittens? Congratulations! I wish you many, many years of the happiest joy ever.

    ReplyDelete