Mark brought up an interesting point when he commented on my blog yesterday. He and his wife were trying to guess how to pronounce my name and they were both wrong. It occured to me that I talk to some of you pretty regularly and I read all these things about your lives, I feel as though I know you and that you're my friends. It's not right that my friends don't even know how to say my name. In this post, I will provide some pertinent information about me that may have been left out previously so you might get to know me better.
1. My name is spelled Tiecen but pronounced Tyson. My mother named me Tyson but wanted it to look more feminine and came up with Tiecen. I know, I know, all of you are saying one of two things, "Tyson, like the boxer," or "Tyson, like the chicken." But it's Tiecen, like the girl who does not like boxing but does like chicken. No one who is close to me calls me Tiecen as I have a muiriad of nick-names; Edwina, Eddy, Tiecee... I could go on and on. Most people call me Tie.
2. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, more commomly known as Mormon. I am not perfect but I'm fairly devout and I try to do my best. We are not polygamists. There are people who broke away from the church that practice polygamy but actual LDS members do not. We are Christian. We believe in Christ and our gospel is based entriely around him. You can't read even one page of The Book of Mormon and not find his teachings there. It coincides very closely with the Bible and we study and follow both books. I am also open to the teachings of other religions and have found truth there too. Bhuddism is my second favorite religion and I love the ideas of Kharma and transcendance. I love having friends of all different religions so we can trade ideas and beliefs. San Diego is a great place for that because everyone here is so different.
3. I am a Literature major in college and I will graduate in about a year. I don't know what I will do with that degree but I'm looking at teaching. I love to learn and I'm sure I'll attend some kind of school for the rest of my life. I have a true thirst for knowledge that I can never seem to satisfy. It's wonderful. I'm actually considering opening a pre-school and I'm excited about that right now. I'm known for changing my mind as far as school and career goes though so we'll see how it pans out.
4. I am 26 years old and I'm very happy. I can never be sad for too long, it's just not natural for me. My main goals in life center around having a family and being a good wife and mother. I love my family very much and I'm very close to them. Maintaining those relationships and the relationship I have with my soon-to-be husband (two weeks!!!) are the most important things to me and everything else is secondary. I am blessed with great friends that help me keep these goals and priorities in line.
5. I love animals and especially my dog way more than is reasonably healthy. I think of animals as people and I always have. I definitely attatch human emotions to them and I even worry sometimes if I think I've hurt the dog's feelings. Needless to say, Sea World is one of my favorite places.
I think those are the main components of me. That's the important information anyway. I've definitley had fun blogging and I've loved getting to know different kinds of people.