Friday, March 16, 2007

Military Man





I digress from my honeymoon extravaganza for just a moment to give a little shout out to my brother, Dallas. He just joined the army and he left on Tuesday morning for boot camp in North Carolina. I wish I could say that I'm happy but, truthfully, it breaks my heart a little. I wonder how my sweet baby boy who I use to take swimming every day is now a soldier. It seriously blows my mind. I am, however, very proud of him and excited about the opportunities available to him now. I miss him already and he can't call home or email for a couple months. He can only write letters and we won't have his mailing address for two weeks. This will be the longest I've ever gone without talking to him and it's bugging me. Everyone remember Dall and all the other sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, dads and moms that are so far from home during this turbulent time. Keep them in your prayers, pray that they'll come home soon.

1 comment:

  1. hey NC is where robs brother chuck is stationed!

    ReplyDelete