Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. - Henry David Thoreau


Let me tell ya 'bout the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees and the moon up above....and a thing called love. I know I've mentioned this before but I LOVE SUMMERTIME. I am so happy right now because the weather's getting warmer and the days are getting longer. I really think the quality of my relationships are improved when daylight savings time ends because I have more time to spend with the people I love. In the winter, when I get home from work it's already dark so all we do is make dinner and watch a movie (and snuggle, which I also love). Lately we've been going for bike rides and walks after dinner. I have turned exploiting all the daylight hours into an art form in years past and am looking forward to contiuing the cycle this year. I might not be able to afford to go to school this summer and I'm kind of relieved. Instead I will be able to spend my afternoons down at the bay reading Thoreau, a man after my own heart. I also plan to really learn to surf. This is step one of my backup plan for when I don't graduate from college and need to find a better job with no education. By the end of the Summer I should be professionally sponsored by a surf brand such as Roxy or O'Neill which will allow me to quit my job and tour the country on my surf board with my dog and husband in tow.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely wedding photos - by the way. Very nice ones!

    Anyway = if I were going to quit my job, I'd like to find a way to get paid for riding horses around - I'd check fences... trim branches... whatever. Just would LOVE to do the horsey thing.

    ReplyDelete