Monday, May 14, 2007

School's Out for Summer!


I realize that no one reads my blog anymore, probably because I don't post on it enough, but I still like to write in it.
I just finished school for the summer and I'm looking forward to a little time off. I'll still be working but the thought of having my evenings to myself is very refreshing. I have a couple of goals for the summer that should keep me busy. The first is to get some articles published in magazines or the newspaper or whatever in an attempt to build some kind of writing portfolio that I can give to potential employers. The second is to learn a foreign language (probably French since I've already had a couple years of that but maybe Spanish because it's acutally useful) and test out of it at school so I don't have to take the classes. The problem is I need 3 semesters of a foreign language but I only have 2 semesters of school left. I really need to pass the equivelancy test so I don't have to worry about those classes.
Gabe was laid off from work so he just started his own mobile auto repair business and it's going really well. He's been working really hard and his knuckles are all cut up. We decided to put of buying a condo for at least 6 months in order to give him the time to get that up and running. I'm kind of sad because I'm tired of renting but you can't win 'em all.
My sister and her family just moved closer to us for the summer so I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time hanging out with them. We took the babies to the beach yesterday and it was so much fun! I wanted to go surfing this weekend to celebrate my new found freedom but I had a tetanus shot on Friday that has made my left arm FREAK OUT. It's all swollen and it's too sore to swim so my new surf board remains in pristine, wax free condition. It's so sad.
That's all the news with me. If anyone has any tips on how to learn a foreign language in 3 months time, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Can you take one class this summer? Then you'll be done in time.

    I tried to take an adult continuing education French Class - I gave it up - but it was kind of fun. I'd like to give it another shot sometime - but I have so many other things going on. I need, for example, to practice my guitar more... I need to make some art for my dining room. blah blah.

    Oh, I still read your blog, so write as much as you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can teach you the language of love. I am quite fluent. Good looking people often are

    ReplyDelete