Thursday, June 14, 2007

What's the Glory of Living?


Everyone I know is getting divorced!!! It's so diheartening. Several people that I'm close to are considering or already in the process of getting divorced right now and it's crazy. I'm a newlywed so I feel great right now but divorce is really beginning to feel like an inevitability when I continue to see couples who have stuck it our for 10, 20 or even 30 years decide to throw in the towell. Doesn't anybody ever stay together anymore? It's like death; everyone dies. It's just a question of what kills you in the end. Everyone gets divorced. It's just a question of what the last straw turns out to be. I know it sounds silly coming from a divorcee but people seem to give up way too easily. I'm normally a raging optomist but I'm feeling a little deflated on the whole traditional family thing. It seems the very thing I'm working towards is quickly becoming extinct. I guess I'll just put my nose to the grindstone and hope for the best. Still, I sometimes feel like a happy marriage is just a naiive person waiting for the other shoe to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment