Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Burn Update

You know how sometimes, when you spend the day out in the sun, you feel fine when you get home but as evening hits, so does your sunburn? Moral of the story: Burns take a while to present themselves. The burns on Gabe's legs in the previous post were 3rd degree by the time he was admited to the hospital on Friday night. We've been there all weekend scrubbing, dressing, crying and sleeping and we're not nearly done. It looks like Gabe will be in bed 2 weeks and out of work at least a month. He's in a lot of pain and he's exhauseted. I'll spare you the updated photos for those of you who are squeemish but, trust me, he needs prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh - I will certainly pray for Gabe - I'm so sorry he's in such pain... Stay strong. The good news is that he's still alive - and the other, slightly less, yet of the same significance news is that he's got a heart of gold for stopping and trying to help those people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will for sure pray for him!! GET WELL GABE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I repeat what I said before - your husband is a stud for stopping and helping those people. How many people would just pass by something like that?

    ReplyDelete