Sunday, May 18, 2008

G-Day

Daaaaaaaa Da Da Da Daaaaa Daaaaa, Daaaaaaaaaa Da Da Da Daaaa Daaaaa. That's the graduation music because I graduated yesterday! Yea!!!!!!!!!! I am now have a degree in Literature and Writing studies and am officially an expert. Go ahead, ask me anything....

The ceremony was at the Del Mar race track and we were seated in the sun on a beautiful, 80 degree San Diego morning. I know that's not very hot but, coupled with the black polyester cap and gown and I was ROASTING. Luckily, I'm sporting this huge belly now so the attendants brought me water. I'm sure I was more comfortable than every one else was. My face got sun burned a little but it was still so fun to be there and experience the whole thing. I don't think graduations are fun or interesting at all so I didn't ask anyone to come except my mom, dad and Gabe.

My stomach is huge now and there's no missing the fact that I'm pregnant, even in those tent/gowns. When I walked across the stage to receive my diploma, all of the faculty members that I shook hands with commented on it. One guy said, "Congratulations, for two!" Another woman said, "Looks like you made it just in time!" And the president of the college said, "Careful, sweetheart." Overall, it was a great day and it was fun to share it with my little baby, even though she's not made her debut yet.

Here are some pictures of me, my mom, my dad and Gabe after the ceremony and at lunch afterwards. The smokin' hot one is my husband, the handsome silver fox is my dad and the beautiful enchantress is my mom. I'm the one that looks like a harbor buoy:










4 comments:

  1. Oh, you're so cute pregnant! That's a nice outfit too, it shows off the belly a little in a very flattering way.

    Congratulations! From both of us. I can't believe you were able to accomplish such a full load of classes while pregnant, I was so sick I had to drop out. We're happy for you and proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big time congrats to you, my sweet neice! I hope you feel fabulous about yourself for many days to come. I wrote about your accomplishments on the family website, and lots of your family responded with ooh's and ah's, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Way to go...isn't is nice to be done with school?! You still look cute, even if you can tell you're pregnant! I think it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!!! Love Gabe's summer haircut!!!

    ReplyDelete