Thursday, July 03, 2008

Word From the Whale

I know I haven't posted on my blog for almost two months. I've had these past two months off with no work or school and I've pretty much slept the entire time. I go to the beach and sleep. I go to the pool and sleep. I sleep through Oprah on my couch. I sleep through dinner in my bed. Obviously, I'm tired. With all the sun I've been getting and my now watermelon sized belly, I resemble a large, brown whale. Since my last post though, I had my baby shower. It was super fun and everyone that pitched in to help with it did a great job. My sister made this diaper cake:


It's a cake that you don't eat. The tiers are made out of diapers (something I will desperately need in about one week) and it's decorated with other baby necessities and ribbons. Cute, huh?

In my time off, I've also managed to waddle my way to Sea World a couple of times to spend some time with the other whales. It feels good to be among my own kind. One of my friends got to have an "Interactive Experience" with the Arctic animals as a birthday present from her husband and I got some fun pictures of that:

In other news, the birth of my child is supposedly rapidly approaching and I'm getting excited and very nervous for that. It should be sometime within the next week or two so as soon as she gets here, I'll post some pictures of her; as long as that doesn't violate the deal I made with People Magazine for them to give me $5 million for the first shots of her.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tiecen. It's Hannah...from UT. Ugh. I hate saying that. But alas, this is where ye know me from. I saw a link to your blog on Jen's and was so excited to see pics of you and your Mom and Dad! How is Cammie?? Tell her hello. Congrats on the impending arrival of your little princess. Also, I am SO jealous you live in San Diego! Hopefully we'll move there in a few years...after school. When we do, can I be your friend again? :) ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fez is like the hat that the organ grinder monkeys wear - and that you see featured in many Indiana Jones street scenes in the Middle East- It's like a chopped off cone with a flat top.

    Can't wait to hear about a safe arrival of Baby Tiecen!!! Have you chosen a name? Can I know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fez is like the hat that the organ grinder monkeys wear - and that you see featured in many Indiana Jones street scenes in the Middle East- It's like a chopped off cone with a flat top.

    Can't wait to hear about a safe arrival of Baby Tiecen!!! Have you chosen a name? Can I know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fez is like the hat that the organ grinder monkeys wear - and that you see featured in many Indiana Jones street scenes in the Middle East- It's like a chopped off cone with a flat top.

    Can't wait to hear about a safe arrival of Baby Tiecen!!! Have you chosen a name? Can I know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tie,
    I hope eveything goes well with the baby! I will be looking for updates and pictures! How exciting :)

    PS..The twilight series is seriously my favorite set of books ever, I read all three over again within the past week and am counting down the days until Breaking Dawn comes out....only 19 more days! Yeah. Sorry you've been on bed-rest but it sounds like you've had some good entertainment at least :)

    ReplyDelete