Friday, March 25, 2011

Telepathic Posting


*Sigh* Blogging would be so much easier if I could just convey my thoughts and images to my computer telepathically and then hit "post" with my mind. The only thing that makes me feel better about not posting lately is that a quick survey of my fellow bloggers has shown me that most of you have gone even longer than I have. But, here's the latest:

We are settled in San Diego and I'd like to say I'm loving it like usual, but I'm kind of just getting by. I miss being close to my family, who all up and moved to UT and I really feel like a fish out of water. Add that to the fact that I'm having a not-so-smooth pregnancy and you can see how the shine has come off the apple. I hope warmer weather will lift my spirits in the next few weeks.

In other news, yes, I am all knocked up again. I'm just about five months along and expecting my next beautiful, perfect creation in August. We find out next week if it's a boy or a girl and I'm very excited about that. I'm not very excited about how fat I'm getting, how many times a day I still hurl or the numbers that keep flashing across my digital blood pressure monitor. If the doctor tells me to try to take things easier one more time, I swear I'm going to sic my two year old on his office.

Olivia really wants a dog and I am feeling so guilty that I just can not manage one right now. This is the first time in my life that I've been with out a canine companion and I hate it as much as she does. But I'm running so low on nurturing juices lately that I shouldn't even be allowed to take on a new house plant. To try and stave her off a little, Gabe and I got her some hermit crabs which she named Happy and Shadow. Happy pinched her on his first night home but she promptly forgave him and enjoys helping me keep their cage clean and going down to the beach to get them fresh sand.

That's all the excitement in our world right now and that's good because it's all I can handle. I'm tired and a little lonely so all of you people should come visit me. Show up with ice cream and you'll be welcomed with open arms.

The above picture is of Olivia on a day when she chose to wear her swim goggles to Target. She's awesome.

4 comments:

  1. I love those goggles. She is definitely a fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your pregnancy! I will keep checking back to see what you are having, exciting! I can't keep track of where you are living...you have moved so much! I hope you will enjoy San Diego again soon, it's absolutely beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother misses you more. Really. So a house in Utah, a job in Utah, voila, problems solved. New ones to manage, no doubt, but.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristina- I know, my life is crazy and we never seem to be quite settled. So goes the life of the financially unsound. We moved to UT for a few months but Gabe decided to go back to school so we headed to FL for that. Then we came back to San Diego where I have lived for the past 10 years, aside from that little FL stint. Savvy? :) My fam's in UT so I'll always be back for visits.

    Garrett- We are seriously contemplating moving to UT but we have commitments here that make it pretty hard to do until after the baby is born. I think we'll be heading North again sometime within the next year because we just never end up getting the great job that we hope will make it so we can afford to live here. But, considering that Gabe wants to work on boats, it's likely that we'll end up in the Vegas or St. George area. I know it will just break your heart to visit us there.

    Kam- Isn't she adorable?

    ReplyDelete